How can the program help you?
The goal of the Homeless Outreach and Prevention program is to connect people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with housing and community-based support services. Our workers will assess your needs and personal goals and help you connect with stable housing.
If you are homeless we can:
- Help you find a place to live. We supply rental property and vacancy listings and can assist you to connect with landlords. We may even be able to help you pay a portion of your rent or damage deposit!
- Help you with rental applications and transportation to access new housing.
- Assist you with storage costs while you look for a place to live
If you have housing but at risk of losing it, we can help you keep it by:
- Providing short-term financial supplements to pay outstanding rent or hydro.
- Advocating on your behalf with your landlord to help you avoid eviction or with BC Hydro to avoid a disconnection of service
Program financial support is short-term and is provided on a ‘first come first served basis’. To determine if you are eligible to access the funding, please contact the housing worker.