How can the program help you?
We recognize youth and families may experience problems associated with alcohol and/or drugs. We are here to help a young person, and their family address the ways substance use is impacting their lives.
We can provide
- Information and education on alcohol and/or drug misuse
- Help for youth who want to live a healthier lifestyle
- Counselling for youth who are having problems related to alcohol and/or drug misuse
- Support to parents who have youth involved with drug and/or alcohol use.
- Connect you with services that you might need, for example withdrawal management
What does the program do?
- Meet with you to determine what you need in relation to living without the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Identify what is working in your life!
- Can offer individual counselling, or counselling in a group setting.
What does the program offer?
- Counselling for youth, and families of youth who are living with the impact of substance use.
- Information and education on substance use and other health issues impacting youth
- We are a free service
- Our service can be provided in our office, at your school, at your home, at the local community centre. We can go for a walk and talk… whatever works best for you!
Is there a standard expected outcome?
- Education and awareness about harmful substance use for youth and families
- Early intervention for youth who are at risk of experiencing harm from substance use
- Activities that promote healthy lifestyles
- Availability of treatment services for youth and their families.