How can the consultant help you?
This program provides a neutral outside consultant to support local foster parents with the care they provide to young people.
This support can include:
- Helping caregivers with ideas to manage the young person’s behaviour in the home.
- Providing education on complex issues that affect young people in care such as trauma, attachment, FASD and other neurodevelopmental concerns.
- Providing a safe place for the caregiver to express frustrations and discuss challenges that they are experiencing.
- Exploring issues with caregivers that may be affecting their ability to foster.
- Providing individualized skill building.
- Consulting with social workers and other community professionals to ensure planning is collaborative.